This question is about Dynamic Forms 6.0.0 in DNN 7.4.1
The completion event is not firing after a successful PayPal payment. Debugging in the Event Viewer is enabled and there is an error being returned that I suspect is the problem. It says:
Dynamic Forms Error:The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
When I looked this up, I read about PayPal:
PayPal is updating its services to require TLS 1.2 for all HTTPS connections. At this time, PayPal will also require HTTP/1.1 for all connections... To avoid any disruption of service, you must verify that your systems are ready for this change by June 17, 2016
It would seem to me that in order to get my completion event to fire correctly, this issue will need to be addressed. But I don't know what to do about it.
Is it a programming issue?
Or can I do something about it?
This issue has some urgency on my end. Thank you for your help.
Here are some answers to your predicted next questions.
- The form has the PayPal gateway enabled and I'm using a sandbox account for testing
- There is a SQL completion event that records the form values in a record. This completion event works perfectly when The PayPal gateway is disabled.
- The page and form module are visible to all users
- The completion event is set to any field response and
- The completion event is tied to the PayPalLastStatus field and is
- assigned to be triggered by the "Completed (Standard)" payment status.