This demonstration highlights the built-in Dynamic Forms feature to View Form Results which displays the details of each submitted form. For our purposes today, results are automatically shown to all users, however, there are several settings available to limit who can view, export and purge your data.
Included in this demo are a few optional features such as displaying a thank you message to the user after submission, and a 'clear form' button with the option to display a confirmation message before executing the clear function.
Form Configuration / Setup
The form above was created with very standard field types for some common fields and setup
Configure the View Results Feature
- Within the Module Configuration, General Settings, an option was turned on hide the help icons.
- Also in Module Configuration, under the Links panel, the clear button is enabled and the text was set to 'Clear Form'. We also enabled "Clear Warning Message" to ask the user if they would like to clear the form before executing.
- In Validation Configuration, the setting to add an asterisk next to each required field was enabled.
- The Display After Submit message was customized within the Layout panel under the System Messages tab. Select the Display After Submit option from the dropdown list and make sure you hit the Update Message button when you're done. When ready, go back up to General Settings and enable the setting to display your message.
- A footer was added to the Email field to indicate that this info will not be displayed in the results below the form.
Once the form fields are created, you are now ready to configure the View Results. From Module Configuration, expand the panel called "Validation Configuration / View Results Configuration" and then click on the "View Results Options" tab.
Notice that for this demo, we are allowing unverified users to view the results. This can be set to Disabled or to specific User Roles. As you can see, there are a number of different settings available to control access to this feature and to configure how the data is exported. In addition, you can choose to display the results above or below the form.
See other Form Demos